Pro Taper 7/8″ SE Handlebars
The Seven Eighths (SE) Handlebar represents the state of the art in ⅞” handlebar design. Its 2000 series aluminum alloy construction and five millimeter-thick wall design, combined with its cold-forged crossbar and CNC machined clamps, make it perfect for riders who prefer solid, predictable feedback. SE Handlebars are available in bends to suit all bikes and riding styles.
- ⅞” tubing at the clamping area
- Exclusive 5 mm-thick 2000 series T6 aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strengths
- Cold-forged aluminum crossbar
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum crossbar clamps adhered with aerospace-quality polymer
- High-tech shot peened, stress-relieved, and anodized finish for unmatched durability
- Clutch side knurling provides maximum grip adhesion
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch- and peel-resistant
- Plastic end plugs keep the elements out and provide a stronger base for grip ends
- Weighs only 1.8 lbs. (816 grams) without pad
- Handlebar pad included
NOTE – we currently only stock the one bend of 7/8″ Pro Taper handle bar as it’s the highest from Pro Taper with the best specs for the adventure, enduro, trail rider. Want higher look to the highest bend 7/8″ bar available being our Scar Bars under this same category ‘controls’
Dimensions of Pro Taper Windam handlebars in mm, W=800, H=99, R=69, S=54
If there’s one thing I know it’s handlebar bends. Most buyers on here are looking for a bar to suit enduro/trail riding or adventure/general riding. The standard bars on most of the old school bikes are useless steel, heavy with a low bend and too much sweep.
Below is an example of the useless bars that came on these older style trail and enduro bikes, old heavy steel, too low, too much bend, bin em !
Dimensions of standard DR/DRZ handlebars in mm –
- OEM W=787, H=76, R=50, S=72 ( example of DR/DRZ standard steel OEM handlebars )
NOTE – Handlebar dimensions are within the images, other bars if desired can be ordered.
NOTE – no you do not need to get longer cables made !! most reroute their cables to free them up giving additional length.
NOTE – DR/DRZ riders pays to add a new throttle tube at the same time of purchase, select your choice of grip and add some grip wire, you’ll find them listed under the same category ‘controls’
NOTE – highly recommend adding the best Heated Grips at time of purchase also, clearly listed under ‘lighting/electrical’